2006-01-26

Update on our quest for a more healthy life.

I'm sure many of our devoted readers are sitting on pins and needles wondering how our New Years Resolution is going. Well, here is an update:

We are taking baby steps and doing pretty good at what we set out to accomplish. One of our goals was to use up all of our enriched flour products and then only purchase multigrain items. With this goal, I think we're on the right road to success and the pooches are helping us with great enthusiasm. For example, yesterday, the kids and I went to run an errand and I left the last half loaf of white bread on the counter. It seemed like it was taking us forever to get through the loaf of bread. When we got home, all that was left was the bag that it was packaged in. The pooches (I'm not quite sure who the guilty party is) had taken it upon themselves to finished it off for us. Thanks Jessi and Jake!!!

Little JB is having a hard time converting from canned veggies to frozen or fresh varieties. I'm gonna give him another week or two and if he doesn't come to the other side, we'll probably switch him back to canned. The kid has to have veggies in his diet no matter what the source, right. We're going to keep trying though. Maybe when he starts pre-school (which should be soon) he will see the other kids eating good veggies and will convert pretty easily.

As for me going veggie....well, we ate up the last of the beef that was in the freezer this week so I'm well on my way to my personal conversion. I'm really going to miss the beef tacos!!!

So overall, we're really trying to keep with the program. Thanks for all the support. Until next update......cheers to wheat bread!!!

No comments: