2006-01-05

Hook Em - National Champs!!!! - edited

THEY DID IT!!!! The state is deck out in the winning color of burnt orange!!! I must admit that I watched most of the game even though no one in our immediate household is a Texas Longhorn alumni (we have two little people who might change that). JB is a Texas Aggie and I cheer for the Texas State Bobcats.

One mistake I made last night was to turn the game off in the last 6 minutes in order to get both kiddos calmed back down and back to sleep. When I pushed the "off" button on the remote there was almost a 10 point difference and the horns were not winning AND one of their best players had just been injured. I thought it was a lost cause at that point and I went to sleep.

But since this is my home town team (and I am VERY proud of that!), the first thing I did (even before my one cup coffee maker was finished brewing the perfect cup of coffee) was to turn the tube back on and see that I was wrong! They pulled it off and won the national title. (And since I don't know the words to their school anthem but I do know the tune, I will be teaching the kids the words to "I've been working on the railroad" today in celebration!)

A note to my sisters, their hubbies, and kids who are die hard Horn fans: we are so proud of the team! Cheers to another winning season in 2006 - hopefully Vince will finish his senior year for you guys!!!

Thanks to Aunt Gigi, here are the words to the UT school anthem:

The eyes of Texas are upon you,
All the live long day.
The eyes of Texas are upon you,
You cannot get away.
Do not think you can escape them,
At night, or early in the morn.
The eyes of Texas are upon you,
'Till Gabriel blows his horn!

No comments: