2006-01-18

An Astronaut or a Cowboy?

I wonder if my mother and father ever looked at me and wondered what I would be when I grew up. Did they ever think I would be a successful HR professional? I sure hope they looked at me and saw something a little bit more exciting! (just kidding mom, I love HR)

When Little JB was very tiny, I would look at him while he slept in my arms and wonder what he would be. Would he be a great baseball player; would he like horses and cows; would he want to protect our streets as a police officer, would he be the President of the United States? I had great dreams for him back then.

Now that he's a little bigger, my dreams for him are a little more visible. He is beginning to enjoy certain toys, games, and activities that will shape his future. He might very well be an astronaut, he knows all of his planets. He might just be a computer geek, he loves technical toys - always has to know how something works. Or he might be a cowboy - he loves his cowboy boots - even wears them to bed. He is so charismatic, he just might be the President of the United States some day.

He is truly the most amazing and the most intelligent little guy I know. (Takes after his daddy!)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Here is Little JB (in his boots) putting together a puzzle of our solar system. Then he jumps on each planet as I call out it's name. It's that amazing!!!???

I do the same thing with the baby girl. I predict that she will be the greatest ballerina that ever lived!!! She loves to dance and always has her toes pointed.

Of course I will be happy with whatever they decide to "be" when they grow up as long as it makes them happy and compassionate people who respect the world they live in. I hope we parents can help make their dreams come true!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Toni, you are such a great mom! It really makes me hope that I'll be as good as you are someday! -Lacy