Sleep, what is it and where did it go? Well, I know darn well where it went, it didn't come home with me. This thing we called sleep has been missing for almost three years. This thing we call sleep stayed at the hospital when Little JB was born.
Now, I really do count my blessings....both of my kids have been very pleasant and great sleepers. It's on the nights that neither of them will sleep AT THE SAME TIME that I wonder if this thing called sleep will ever return to my normal way of living.
What truly worries me is the monster that appears in the middle of the night that takes over my body and my actions. When I truly can't get more than an hour of sleep at any given time, monster mommy appears and tends to yell, throw the covers off the bed, stomp from room to room, beg, plead, and eventually demand everyone to close their eyes.
Then monster mommy completely disappears. Its when the clock tells me that it's time to get the day started (usually this happens just after everyone is in the deepest and coziest of slumbers). I roll out of bed, make the perfect cup of coffee (thanks to hubby for the great Christmas present), and get the bottle ready for the baby girl. When she's finished with her own special morning brew, she looks at me, smiles and giggles real big. At that point the past twelve hours of agony are absolved.
I truly am a lucky mommy to have such a great family, so I'm really not complaining, I'm just missing Mr. Sandman. I know he will return (at least that's what all my mommy mentors tell me) and when that day comes, I hope I get to sleep for a full week.
To all of you who didn't get any sleep last night either, here's to you (holding up my coffee cup to toast). Now, get over it and play with your kids!
No comments:
Post a Comment