2008-04-03

Latest Updates on Us

Today's Thoughts
Well, today I'm missing my Texas home but trying to take advantage of all of the benefits of SoCal.

Some things I miss about Texas: Trudy's migas and Mexican martini's, Lake Travis, good BBQ, 6th Street and live music, eclectic surroundings, blue bonnets, Zilker Park, Taco Shack, Ana Mia's (can you tell that I miss good Mexican food???), Magnolia, Alamo Draft House, drive through banks and drive through Starbucks and just being in the land of the burnt orange. We miss our family and friends every day but are blessed to have had so many visitors to our SoCal house.

There are many things that we really like about being in SoCal. The big thing is NO ALERGIES (this even affected the pooches)!!! We also enjoy the citrus trees in our backyard, smelling the many flowers that surround our house, seeing the foothill mountains from our bedroom window, the weather is pretty nice (but we miss the winter), the beach, and the people here have been very welcoming!!! I'm also enjoying some major life moments like the boy's first year of t-ball and getting ready for kindergarten. I am really looking forward to spending some much needed one-on-one quality time with my baby girl while the boy is in school.

Overall, we have no regrets about the move. We are looking forward to our month-long visit to Texas in the summer.

Today's Happenings
Today we had professional pictures taken for LB's birthday. It's a tradition that I started with the boy and I'm probably the only one who really enjoys the outing, although I think the kids love to see the results. LB was most excited about dressing up and she won't take off her dress, hose or shoes the rest of the day. She loves her pretty "princess" clothes! What a girl!! We can't wait to share the pics with everyone once they are delivered!!

Have a rockin' Thursday!!!


No comments: