2016-02-15

The Family Valentine's Celebration

I know so many people out there that do not like Valentine's Day. JB is kind of like that but he goes along with whatever I want to do that day to "celebrate" our love. He goes along with whatever I want to do to "celebrate" our love any day of the year, not just on February 14th. I like Valentine's Day because it gives me an excuse to do corny family activities without getting any "Oh, Mom!!'s" (you all know what I'm talking about!!)

So, here's this year's corny activity......I covered the table with five pieces of art paper and a bunch of markers. I wrote our names at the top of each one and began the activity by writing something about each member of the family, including myself. Then I asked each person to grab a marker and do the same thing. I think The Boy did say "Oh, Mom!" once but that was about all I heard out of him during this exercise. I kept the pages out on the table while JB and I created the dinner and dessert. We did help The Little out a bit by writing her words for her but she had no problem coming up with amazing words for each of us. She's so smart!

What happened was this: After our amazing dinner and dessert, we each read our pages out loud. You could see the confidence spewing up from the table as we each read. How great it was to see words that describe each of us in such a great way. We each had different words and then we had some of the same words which were written by different people.  Once we were done reading, The Hubs suggested that I save them all and we can open them in a few years to read them again. Here's a picture of how mine turned out....I love the illustrations!!!

For our family dinner, JB and I made Chicken Cordon Bleu, mashed pots, salad and shrimp (only The Boy and I enjoyed the shrimp) followed by a dessert of Chocolate fondue! Here are some of our pics from the evening!
This was my afternoon snack - prior to starting dinner - homemade cheddar, crackers and vino!

Grand's table is where it all happened!!

The main dish of Chicken Cordon Bleu!

The flame for the chocolaty goodness which followed!

The strawberries were a big hit!! You can see we're making a little bit of a mess here...

The kids!

Family style desserts are the best!!!

My heart is full!!

No comments: