We celebrated The Boys first few days of being a teenager with a special dinner here at the house. It was an amazing dinner, except that the ice cream cake was a major FAIL. A few days later, I learned to make one on my own and it was delicious....and so big that we are still enjoying it!! We also spent the weekend in ATX where we continued the celebration. As an added bonus, all of the boys went out to play war with paintballs as a continuation of Cousin TW's special day! They had a great time comparing all of the funny looking bruises they came home with!After that crazy weekend, we came back home to get ready for some classroom Valentine's Day fun!! We love The Little's pre-school and so does she! Here she is all dressed up for her big party. Not only do they learn about caring for the world and each other, they learn about how much Jesus loves them! We are so very blessed!!
It was also bitter sweet to think that The Lady will celebrate her last classroom Valentine's Day party. At the last minute we whipped up this emoji Valentine box for her to take to school. I think it turned out pretty cute, if I do say so myself!We usually celebrate Valentine's Day here at the house with a big fancy meal, and that is what we will do once again on Sunday evening!
For Lent, we've all given up some pretty major things. The Little gave up drinking out of a sippy cup.....yes, I know.....The Lady has given up pasta (this is a very BIG deal for her), and both Boys gave up soda. When it came to choosing what I would give up, I chose what The Boy suggested. He's told me since he was about 6 or 7 that coffee was not good for me and he keeps reminding me. I don't over drink coffee but I do like it with a tsp of sugar and half and half. So this morning, I'm drinking tea and really enjoying it! And it doesn't have any sugar in it....natural sweetener is how I like my tea!
Next weekend is a big milestone even for The Boy. He will enjoy his First Communion. Words can not express how full my heart is to see this happen. No words.........

No comments:
Post a Comment