Day One - May 26 - Thursday
Sweet Girl jumped out of bed today, excited about the day that she had been waiting for months to arrive. She really had waited patiently for our Mommy/Daughter trip (except for a few outbursts that made her big bro a little jealous)!
But today had finally arrived and all she had to do was suffer through three hours of school. It is the end of her Kindergarten year, there are only 6 days of school left, and so being absent wasn't going to be a huge deal. She was going to learn and experience much more on the trip than she would going to school those two days.
So getting ready and getting to school was a breeze today!!!
It was finally time to pick her up. As I'm walking into the school office to pick her up, I see my boy. I blow kisses without reciprocation.....he was sad, I could tell, which made me sad.... I wished at that moment moment to be able to walk through glass so that I could give him a hug!! I'll admit, I cried a little too. I don't like being away from my babies for even one day. What mom does??
So, Daddy dropped us off at the DFW airport, Terminal A. My big girl is already acting so grown up...taking it all in....like she's never don't this before, but she has, several times....
We get through security, grab a very messy snack and head to the waiting area for our flight. So far, all is going well....we even board the plane on time!
Here we are, Row 14, seat E and F, window and middle seats. Sweet Girl gets the window seat of course. But she gets a little scare of the high altitude when she watches the ground get farther away. About 15 minutes up and we've got the movie playing on the iPad...."Mamma Mia". She is distracted from the cloud covered ground out the window, for now at least.
Through the short two hour flight, Sweet Girl was a dream child. Never asking to go to the bathroom, no loud noises, and not much kicking of the seat in front of her. You know, that must be so hard for a child to do...not kick. They can't reach the floor and the seats are just close enough to act as a foot rest. Congrats to my girl on a job well done!!
There were lots of very kids on our flight but you wouldn't have known by how the flight attendants acted. Usually, Sweet Girl attracts some kind of comment like, "how old are you?" or "are you excited about your trip?" But these attendants seem more put out than welcoming, ignoring us as much as possible....there were other kids on the flight too but there were no crying babies, screaming toddlers or obnoxious tweens....it was perfect!!
There was a very cute mom with a very cute baby girl sitting one seat over from us. I guess the girl was about 18 months old. She slept most of the trip but woke up about 10 minutes before landing. She found my Baby Girl's smile at that point and could not stop grinning at her. This sweet girl had very little hair but a great big smile and big beautiful eyes. She was gorgeous!! Reminded me of my oldest girl when she was little like that. She made us both smile and also miss our sweet Baby C....We both already miss the threesome we left at home...
Landing, getting bags and renting our car went so smoothly that they really aren't worth writing more about other than that. We were off to start our adventure mountain vacation. Mountains, here we come!!!
Sweet girl slept most of the short 70 mile car trip to Estes Park. Which was good, she needed to take a nap. But she woke up just as we started ascending into the Rockie Mountains. She woke up to see the beauty that her Daddy and I love! She was in awe too! That me so happy!
We arrived at the Silver Moon Inn at about 530pm. Checked in, dropped off the bags and went to dinner. We dined at Wapiti where I had grilled shrimp and a beer and the girl had "Pasgetti" as it is written on the cute kids menu. We ate and then stopped at the grocery store for some essentials and snacks (which are essential too), then headed back to our room to settle in for our first night. We were both pooped ("mom, what does 'pooped' mean?").
As we climb into bed in our cute little lodge room, Sweet Girl reaches over and gives me an unsolicited hug and kiss. Then said, " I love you!" And then, "I feel like I'm dreaming, I can't believe we are on our trip already!" Then she turned over and fell asleep....dreaming of our adventure, I bet.....
No comments:
Post a Comment