Today I saw my boy do something very "big boyish" and it immediately made me cry. Those of you who are veteran moms who have school-aged kids will know exactly what I'm going to go through this month. This is my first experience at buying school clothes and school supplies and preparing to load my child on to the big orange-yellow school bus headed for a world he has never experienced before, a world where I'm not holding his hand. And the sadest thing for me, which is probably the happiest thing as well, is that he is totally ready for the big change! He can't wait!
So for all of you who have not reached this big moment in your life, be prepared to shed some tears. And if I happen to call you this month with emotion in my voice, please bare with me. I'm sure these emotions will pass....at least until my baby girl starts to prepare for her big day at "big girl school." Then, I predict, the tears will be even heavier since she is afterall my BABY girl!!!
Here is a picture taken this morning of the boy ready for soccer camp and his baby sister close behind him.....she can't wait to play soccer!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment