2008-07-18

Domestic Goddess???? NOT TODAY

(this is my deep breath - please pray that today gets better)

Okay, so I feel like this week has totally been a drag!! Oh, there have been good moments but over all, I've not done a very good job of being the domestic goddess, the CEO of the house, or mommy of the year.

So this is me taking a deep breath so that at least the last part of the last day of the week will hopefully go better than the four and a quarter days before it.

What has sent me over the edge to the computer to vent is a laundry room catastrophe! I'm usually very meticulous about my laundry room. Everything has it's place including all the laundry supplies. I even put it all away after each load so that the room doesn't get cluttered while I'm working in there. However, today I tried something different.

Points to know before I describe what happened:

point one: I bought the largest detergent container at the store yesterday. You know, the one that lays on it's side and has a spicket so that you don't have to open it and pour manually (plus it is a better economic buy). Well to get the spicket to work, you have to vent the cap. Every domestic goddess knows the mechanics.

point two: We have this beautiful new laundry room with beautiful front loading machines in it. We also have loads of cabinets, more than we know what to do with. The problem is that our front loaders are on pedestals so they are a comfortable height to load without breaking your back. The second problem is that because of their height, the short person that I am has a problem reaching the cabinets above them which is where the laundry supplies usually reside.

Catastrophe: Because of the cabinets being out of reach for me and the way that the new detergent container was "mastered", I put the container on top of the washer so that I would not have to kill my calves every time I needed detergent. Yes the cap was vented. When the washer of sheets and towels went into high speed spin, the container vibrated off of the washer and fell five feet to it's demise!!! What is even worse is I didn't hear the boom. I discovered the mess when I went in to switch the loads. Who knows how long it was sitting there....wait, I know. When the container hit floor, the vented cap busted and blue detergent started a flowin'. It had been leaking long enough to cover the entire floor of the laundry room. I mean the ENTIRE floor, even under the machines!!! When it fell to the floor, it also sprayed the thick liquid all over the wall, the beautiful cabinets, as well as to the 50 foot ceilings (okay, they aren't 50 foot but it sure feels like it to a 5 foot 3 inch tall woman)!! I was mortified!!!! Still am.....

Then to top it off, this is probably even worse, when I switch my sons NEW RED sheets/towels to the dryer, I noticed that one of his stuffed animal friends had stowed away. Now he is "Floppy" the pink puppy with black spots. Little JB is devastated!!! I tried to talk him into letting his sister adopt him but that didn't go over too well, so now I have to figure out how to fix "Floppy" with out making him a white puppy with grey spots. (by the way, I have NEVER EVER in my life made anything pink in the wash cycle!!!)




So, I think I will just take my deep breath, get a nice cold glass of water and turn a movie on that the kids and I will all enjoy and take it easy for the rest of the day. I'd hate to mess anything else up!! However, since I've already stripped the beds, I do need to finish what I've started (dang it!!).

1 comment:

Boyz3Mommy said...

BLESS your heart! I feel your pain girl. I started my paiting project today and I painted ALL day. I only got 1/3 of the way through it and I'm pooped-ola! I'm SO glad you left a comment, else I would have never found your blog!! Awesome. P.S. I would LOVE to see that pic someday from drill team!!! Ha!