Maybe it's the lack of sleep that I've been getting but I have another "sappy" mommy moment to share.
Our baby girl has been a tough nut to crack when it comes to bed time lately and last night just about broke me down to tears. But she touched my heart once again with her sweetness.....
Here it is almost 1030pm and she is still wide awake laying next to her brother who has been asleep for almost 90 minutes (they share a bed/room at Nana's house right now while we are in transition to a new home). Anyway, I think I've almost gotten her to catch the midnight train to Zzzzland when I sneak out of the room. Just as I get to the door, she calls my name. I answer back in an exhausted voice that I would be right back. She quiets down so I think she's almost done. Then I hear her break out into song. Just as I'm about to scream "go to sleep!" for the umpteenth time, I notice that she is singing a song about me. She loves to make up songs for the special people in her lives. She's really creative that way...Anyway, the song goes something like this......
"La la la, my mommy, la la la la, my best fwend. La la la, my mommy, la la la, my best fwend...."
How could I go back into the room with a hard voice after listening to that sweet song sung by the sweetest baby girl voice? I just couldn't and I didn't. But I did go back in, gave her a final hug and stayed long enough for us both to fall asleep. I guess she knows how to get her mommy to do just about anything....and for a moment that will last in my memory forever, I don't mind at all.
Our baby girl has been a tough nut to crack when it comes to bed time lately and last night just about broke me down to tears. But she touched my heart once again with her sweetness.....
Here it is almost 1030pm and she is still wide awake laying next to her brother who has been asleep for almost 90 minutes (they share a bed/room at Nana's house right now while we are in transition to a new home). Anyway, I think I've almost gotten her to catch the midnight train to Zzzzland when I sneak out of the room. Just as I get to the door, she calls my name. I answer back in an exhausted voice that I would be right back. She quiets down so I think she's almost done. Then I hear her break out into song. Just as I'm about to scream "go to sleep!" for the umpteenth time, I notice that she is singing a song about me. She loves to make up songs for the special people in her lives. She's really creative that way...Anyway, the song goes something like this......
"La la la, my mommy, la la la la, my best fwend. La la la, my mommy, la la la, my best fwend...."
How could I go back into the room with a hard voice after listening to that sweet song sung by the sweetest baby girl voice? I just couldn't and I didn't. But I did go back in, gave her a final hug and stayed long enough for us both to fall asleep. I guess she knows how to get her mommy to do just about anything....and for a moment that will last in my memory forever, I don't mind at all.
No comments:
Post a Comment