2008-06-14

Oh my heart!

Oh my heart. Can I just say that every day our children amaze us in some way by the things they say or do, the kindness in their hearts, and the way they are with each other...best "fwends" for life! And don't get me wrong, they have their "other" moments as well.


It is great that they are also so loving to their Daddy and me. I just love how baby girl adores her papa! This morning, she woke up and came to be with her Daddy on the couch where they snuggled for a nice little time.


And my boy, well, he is a mommy's dream come true. Here I was getting ready this morning, no make up and hair up on top of my head in a funny "pinytail" and he says, totally out of the blue, "Mommy, your pretty." And he was NOT making a funny joke! Then he stopped playing his video game for a quick moment so I could collect my hug for such a nice comment. As soon as it was over, he was saying, "Oh no!!" I had interupted him while he was playing a Marvel game and the bad guy was beating all of his super hero characters. But he quickly got back on track and won that battle.


One more special moment I'd like to share is a tea party with baby girl and I. Last night after dinner, she brought her little basket of baby china to me and asked if I would like some tea. I said yes of course (even though it was about the tenth cup of "tea" I'd had that day). Then she climbed up on the couch and laid out the tea service and poured me a nice steaping cup. Then asked if I wanted sugar and cream. We sipped together. Then put it all away nicely. She was good enough to let me get a photo of our little gathering - See below.


Man, I love my little family!!!



1 comment:

Susanna said...

I'm sorry I missed "chatting" with you on Facebook the other day! I agree with your boy - you are pretty! And I love the picture of your little girl and her tea set and stylish sunglasses! I tried having a tea party with my boys one day - it lasted about 2 seconds! Ha ha.