2016-03-06

HB to Mr. JB Sir!

For almost a full week, we have been celebrating JB's big 45th! As The Boy has recently pointed out, The Rents have embarked upon "mid-life" now. But I still feel like 25!!!

We had a small family gathering on his actual birth day. And then we celebrated with the B Family last evening at Nana's house. We always have such an amazing time! And we will continue the celebration next weekend in ATX.

Nana is always so great with picking a theme for her celebrations. This time, we brainstormed together and came up with a party surrounding some of JB's favorite things with the anchor item being Doritos! This is a pantry staple in our house. 

She prepared the food and I prepared the cake and gift ideas.  
We started off with a crouton bar. He loves a good seasoned crouton dipped in a vinegar dressing. Who needs a salad or tomato soup?


Along with the crouton bar was a cream cheese ball covered in Dorito crumbs accompanied by this favorite cracker, the garlic melba. 

For dinner, the adults enjoyed homemade chicken enchiladas and black beans. They went so fast, I didn't get a picture. Meg, I need the recipe, please! 

The kids were served these amazing Dorito encrusted Chicken Nuggets! I was able to sneak a few bites and it's a true understatement to say that these were amazing! I'm going to make these later this week again here at the house. Thanks Nana!!
The cake was vanilla with blackberry filling and covered with a 7-minute icing! It was scrumptious, if I do say so myself!


Happy Birthday, Mr. B!! We love you!!



Oh I almost forgot, the gifts continued with some of JB's favorites. He received a case of Mexican Cokes, a box of 50 bags of Doritos and his own "Dad's Doritos" bowl, books about old Honda bikes, 24 inches of pepperoni and an assortment of cheeses, crackers and cheese slicer, lots and lots and lots of batteries, a retro-gamer Man Crate and a big jar of old fashioned jelly beans.

The Man Crate!

Another shot of the man crate.

Crackers, Cheeses and Pepperoni!

Lots and lots and lots of batteries!

50 bags of Doritos and his very own personalized bowl!!

A big jar of jelly beans.

A case of Mexican Cokes!

New books about old Hondas!

No comments: