Promises promises....I know that is what you are saying but we're back.....for real this time.
I've had an urge to write again lately and I started small with our family journal which only allows me a few hand-written lines, but is very therapeutic for me to do each morning...but I need more......so we're gonna try this again. I've been blogging about our family for almost as long as our oldest child has been alive, give or take a few (long) breaks in time. But I'm determined to get back to it. =)
To catch up, we now have a child who will be in middle school next year.....many of you have gone through this first true transition with your kids and know how emotional it can be....not just on the child - new school, more friends, crazy class schedule, grades really start to matter, social responsibility and social acceptance really start to matter.....but also on the momma - new school, more friends, crazy schedule, grades really start to matter, social responsibility and social acceptance really start to matter.....all big changes for both child and parent. But we have a very mature and caring boy who will be able to face his challenges with a strong heart. I'm just sure of it! And will pray every day that God will help him grow with His strength deep within his heart.
Our second child is also going through a challenging change. She has played on the same recreational soccer team since she started playing soccer at the age of 4. Several of the girls on the team have "outgrown" soccer and have other interests so Team Blitz has decided to move on as well. So, Sweet Girl will move on to something more competitive. She has found a team home along with one of her fellow Blitz team mates and I think she's really going to enjoy this next challenge. She is torn up that Team Blitz has ended. She's a very loyal friend and to have something end that was so important to her for 5 years (all of her frontal lobe memory life) was quite devastating....I don't use that word lightly. But she is allowing herself to grow and learn and that makes her super proud of herself. She LOVES soccer so much....she wants to play for the rest of her life.....Go #9! We retired her #6 with Team Blitz!
As for sweet Baby C....well, she's not a baby anymore, which she tells me every SINGLE day. She is halfway through her 4th year of life and quite a heartbreaker. She is not shy...loves to talk to everyone, has three very special friends (A, H, & G), has a vocabulary of a 20 year old, LOVES her sister's and brother's friends, can not wait to be a ballerina and just is a super happy loving part of our lives. She loves routine....almost too much which is like her big brotha! She is definitely a little mini-me for sure!
As for Father and me.....well, JB started a new career chapter in his life in December as did I the previous September. I'm loving being home with my kids this summer. It really is a great time in their lives to have the flexibility to be with them. We've had to tighten our financial belt for sure, but once you figure out how to make that happen, being with the kids all day makes my life so sweet!
Okay, enough for today! Until next time!
Love to all who read!!
No comments:
Post a Comment