I apologize to our followers for the delay in keeping you updated on our activities....this summer has just flown by and we've been incredibly busy! I hope to post a montage of pictures soon giving you a nice picture of our three month hiatus from the every day norm (whatever that is....).
The reason for this update is to share a major milestone we are currently going through. Our baby girl (at least for the moment) is taking a big step in the game of life. She will begin her days as a true school girl. Today is her last day of pre-k and Monday will begin her long journey of formal education. I'm feeling many different emotions about this step in our lives.....I'm excited for her and scared for her at the same time. Will she make friends, will her teacher have the patience she needs to guide her everyday, will she learn how to sit nicely in circle time, will she learn how to buy a healthy lunch when she goes through the lunch line, will the boys like her (but not too much), will she try her best to follow the four Rs (be Ready to learn, Resourceful, Respectful, and Responsible?).....the questions go on and on.....I guess we shall see....
All I do know (cuz I've been told - and, yes, I've asked several people how to stop time), is that I can't stop her from getting older, smarter, more social (as if that can happen), being boy-crazy, arguing about wearing biker-shorts under her dresses, finding out that the world is a dangerous and sometimes scary place....but I know that I've taught her right from wrong and to be compassionate and spiritual every day and that the world really is beautiful (even in the 120 degree Texas Summer heat)....so I know that God will help to watch over her when she's not with me. Doesn't take away all of my fears but it sure is a very strong foundation!!!
I want to share with you some of her shining moments from her pre-k graduation......Oh, boy!!
Me and my darling daughter!!
My darling daughter and my darling son sharing a sweet moment!
My darling daughter with her classmates! Can you tell who just might be the class clown??

This is a good shot of my darling daughter and her "boy friend" C (in the background)......hmmmm, I think her daddy and I are in for some excitement.....
No comments:
Post a Comment