The joy of making pizza for me goes back to my childhood. I remember as a child going to my grandparents house and watching my Ginny make pizza from scratch. She would test the goodness of the dough by taking a little pinch from one of the sides. Then would sneak me a piece not worrying that it may make my tummy ache. It didn't.....
Oh, the memories of watching my mother make pizza.....she would make the same dough as Ginny, and would always sneak us a taste as the dough was rising. Then she would place all the toppings out on the buffet so that we could decorate our own pies. Pizza always tasted better when we got to choose the goodness! Now, I teach my own kids the art and joy of making homemade pizza-pie. I also sneak them a pinch of the dough and let them pick the toppings.....and we enjoy it as a family, like I've done all of my life....
No comments:
Post a Comment