2009-10-18

Thinking back....

Wow, I just can't believe all that has happened in the last 11 years. We are so incredibly blessed, how could we have known back then......

Eleven years ago yesterday, October 17, 1998, me and my sisters piled into a brand new Nissan Maxima for a three hour drive to North Texas. It was raining. It had been raining for several days in Central Texas. In fact, it had rained so much that San Antonio and San Marcos flooded that very weekend. It had been raining for weeks, as I remember it. I was a little worried but knew we had a plan to move the festivities that would happen in a week in doors if we needed to.....back to the story....

It was early on a Saturday morning when our weekend began with the short drive north (which included a small detour to fix a flat tire). When we got to North Texas, we met up with my mother and two Grandmothers, freshened up, and headed out to Bread Winners Bakery for my Bridesmaids Luncheon where we were joined by my future mother-in-law and two future sisters-in-laws. It had been a pretty rough morning with the flat tire and the pouring rain (which accounted for a VERY bad hair day for me) but once we sat down with each other, all of that disappeared.....

What I remember of that day is being with the most wonderful group of ladies. How would I have known that in a week the number of sisters I would have would almost double and the woman that my (future) kids would call Nana would become such a great inspiration and friend to me. I had already been blessed with 3 great sisters and a super mom, how could I get any luckier....I don't know but I did.

After that wonderful weekend.....the rain stopped, the skies cleared and the weather became the beautiful Texas fall weather we love....crisp and cool. We were able to have our ceremony outside. It was a beautiful event for me and my new hubby and all that joined us......how would we have known that eleven years later....

- We would have two beautiful, intelligent, and talented children
- We would be called Aunt T and Uncle J by five beautiful, intelligent, and talented nieces and nephews (with more on the way)
- We would be able to look at both sides of the family and say that we truly adore them without all the stereotypically "in-law" issues

Through several job changes and residences, we have always felt grounded and loved. For that we are blessed.

This week each year is a week that I remember our anniversary week and all that it means to us...the events, the words, and all that has come of those beautiful promises.

Simply said, I love my honey and thank him for the beautiful life he has given me!!



No comments: