2009-01-30

That special weekend is upon us again!!

Almost six years ago this weekend, a special thing happened. JB and I became parents for the first time. We were blessed with the most precious boy on the face of the Earth - no wait, in the Universe (no, we aren't biased at all). Although you've probably heard this before, I'll say it again. We only thought we knew what true love was....only when we held our baby boy in our arms did we actually know what true love really is. I could never have imagined the kind of joy a child could bring to my life. There just aren't the right kind of words to explain it.

Then came the births of our nephews and nieces and another baby of our own. And that overwhelming feeling of new love was born with each and every one. I love being a mother to my birthday boy! I adore being a mother to my baby girl. And I am honored to be an Aunt T to my three nephews and two nieces. And I will be more complete with all the future additions that our families are blessed with.
But it's not all about me this weekend. It's about JB2. As this birthday approaches, he has grown out of toddler clothes and kid shoes. He is now considered a "youth". He is learning to read, tie his shoes, and understand the state that the world is in. That is just way too much for me to deal with sometimes. My instinct is to shelter him from such adult topics and pray that he stay a little boy. But that is not realistic and I know this.

This weekend will be about celebrating him with a family party, games, and happy people surrounding him. Then on his actual birthday, I will remember the pregnancy, the undeniable pains of labor (yes, I remember them ALL), the drive to the hospital, the joy of the epidural, the overwhelming rainbow of love that came into my life that morning....oh, and the IHOP pancakes that I had been craving for days (thanks sisters!). I will tell him this story like I have the past 6 years and he will be so proud to hear it again. And he will probably ask me to tell him the story more than once (cause he is the "boss" on his birthday, so I'm told).
I could go on an on about my love for my little guy....but those of you who know me already know how much of my heart belongs to him. Ah, there go the tears......

Anyway, I thought I'd share a few pics that haven't been shared in a while....enjoy!

HB to my little man!!
My two guys! What a pair.
His red hair is coming back! Oh joy!Aunties looking adoring my prince!
One of my all-time favorites!
Look at those blue eyes!

I love you, my boy!

No comments: