And now I often find myself crying again....at the extraordinary kids I am so blessed to help raise. Hubby doesn't find me crying at the end of the day because my beautiful children have driven me nuts that day (although they often do drive me nuts). He has found me teary eyed when I tell him about the special things they did or stories they've told me or the number of times they've taken care of each other or the way they play together in such harmony. I'm getting teary just writing this post about it all.
Compassionate heart - My little boy continues to amaze me every single day with the things he says or does. In fact, the other day, he gave his favorite stuffed animal friend to his baby sister. He said that it was the special gift he wanted to give her for her birthday (see post on 04/12/08 - "Unselfishness"). If you know JB2 and how he is with this little friend, you will realize just how special the act of giving this toy to his sister was. And she adopted this little friend into her family of dolls very nicely. Now she can't go anywhere without it.
Gentleness - And my baby girl! Wow! She has really become a little lady herself. She is very caring and extremely domestic right now. Always wanting to help me clean, cook, and puts her babies to sleep in the most comfy spots in the house with one of her favorite blankets. She also has a special pillow for me when I take a quiet moment to lay down with her which she always makes sure that I have. She will even tuck my hair behind my ear so gently when it is in my face (like I do with her). That one little move can make my entire day the best day ever and can start the tears a flowin'.
Today, just like yesterday, and tomorrow, I feel very blessed to have the man of my dreams as a husband and two awesome children to be a mom to. There, I've done it again....I'm crying.
Happy Mother's Day to all the awesome moms out there!!
1 comment:
I too cry at "everything" these days. I have shed many a tear reading and seeing your family on this great site. Thank you so much for letting me know my great niece and nephew. Thanks for the memories! I love you all! D in KY
Post a Comment