Okay, so we thought we would have Internet access sooner than yesterday and so haven't been able to give everyone an update until today. I hope to add pictures tonight.....
On the 26th, we headed from Amarillo all the way through New Mexico and on to Flagstaff, AZ. That was a long day of nothing but desert scenery. Once we got to Flagstaff.....wow now that is beautiful country...we found our little "hotel" and ordered the best Chinese food we had ever had!!! I just can't illustrate how beautiful we thought that area of the country is. It might just go on our "places to live" list. Not only was the countryside gorgeous, the people were so nice. Baby girl had a little bit of some car sickness on this leg of the trip but we all survived.
On the 27th, we headed toward our new home in Southern Cali. Not much to comment on the scenery once we got out of the mountains (you know we love the mountains!!!).
We stopped for another terrible "hagaburger" in Barstow because Baby Girl insisted. The trip to our new house wasn't long after that stop. The smoke from the recent wild fires had definitely moved into our little area but we arrived safe and sound!!!
Again all the kids did terrific and the drive wasn't as awful as I had once imagined.
Our furniture arrived on the 29th, the washer and dryer arrived on the 30th, and we were ready to trick or treat in our new neighborhood on Halloween!!!
I've been tackling boxes like a wild woman since they arrived. I'm so glad Daddy has been here to help me this weekend!!!
More to come!!
No comments:
Post a Comment